These are delicious!
I am a firm believer that you can cook almost anything on a campfire and I will challenge anyone that says you can’t! And you can’t beat puddings done on a campfire and this one would be perfect for Bonfire Night too! 🙂
MAKES 6 CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
180g Self Raising Flour
135g Muscavado sugar
135g Hot Chocolate Drink Mix (I use Sainsbury’s Basics Hot Chocolate drink)
3 small pinches of sea salt
45ml sunflower oil
A handful of chocolate drops
45ml orange juice
6 large oranges
Squirty Cream to decorate
- Carefully scoop out all the orange from your oranges, taking out 45ml of juice but making sure that you eat the rest of the orange pulp (its yummy).
- Put the juice in your bowl.
- Set aside your scooped out oranges and their lids (you will need these to cook with).
- Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in a handful of chocolate drops.
- Take your oranges and 2/3 fill with the mixture (it will rise) and put the tops back on.
- Wrap your oranges in foil, making sure that you keep them upright at all times! (otherwise the mixture will fall out!) It helps to put your own style of twist with the foil at the top so that you know whose oranges are whose.
- Put your wrapped oranges in the embers of the fire, not the flames, so that the cake slowly cooks,for about 25-30 minutes. Carefully peak inside – you should see cake mix peeping out of the lid.
- Take out of the fire, and leave to cool for 15 mins (it finishes up the cooking time).